The Turkish Cultural Foundation Cultural Exchange Fellowship is awarded twice a year competitively to Turkish and non-Turkish artists and professionals who work in culture and arts.
There are two different categories for which applicants may apply to TCF for support:
The TCF Cultural Exchange Fellowship ranges from $1,000 to $2000. Fellows will receive their fellowship payments via a United States bank check.
I - Event Participation or Collaborations in Art and Culture: $ 1,000
- Event Participation
Turkish applicants must be accepted to participate in an event abroad (conference, festival, exhibition or fair) related to art and culture, as presenters or speakers. Non-Turkish applicants must be accepted to participate in an event in Turkey (conference, festival, exhibition or fair) as presenters or speakers.
- Collaborations in Art and Culture
Turkish artists and professionals must be primary participants in a collaborative artistic or cultural program/project abroad with fellow artists and professionals at a workshop/studio/atelier, museum, cultural or educational institution. Non-Turkish artists and professionals must be primary participants in a collaborative artistic or cultural project in Turkey with fellow artists and professionals in a workshop/studio/atelier, museum, cultural or educational institution.
II - Residencies in Art and Culture: $ 2,000
- Turkish artists and professionals must be accepted to a Residency Program abroad at a workshop/studio/atelier, museum or other cultural institution environment. Non-Turkish artists and professionals must be accepted to a Residency Program in Turkey at a workshop/studio/atelier, museum, other cultural or educational institution environment.
The minimum duration of the in-country (Turkey or third country) Residency program must be two weeks.
Individuals who work professionally in the fields of traditional arts, cultural relations, visual arts and new media, film and video arts, curatorial services, conservation, restoration, literary arts, music, dance, theatre and performance arts, are invited to submit applications for the TCF Cultural Exchange Fellowship.
Individuals who participate in events or projects which already receive funding under the TCF Grant Program are ineligible for the TCF Cultural Exchange Fellowship.
How to Apply:
TCF Cultural Exchange Fellowship will be awarded twice a year: For the first term (January-June 2016) and the second term (July-December 2016). All events/projects applied for under this program must be completed by the end of June 2016 for the first term and the end of December 2016 for the second term.
Applications must be submitted with the following information:
- Completed Application Form (click here for application form)
- Cover Letter
- Project description (max. 2,000 words) that includes a description of the event (include event program), collaboration, or residency.
- Resume (max. 2 pages)
- Verification (proof of acceptance as presenter/speaker to event, letter from destination country-based collaborative project leader, acceptance to Residency Program by relevant institution)
- One letter of recommendation as to the professional credentials of the applicant.
All applications must be submitted in English. Applicant’s name must be typed at the top of each sheet. Application form and all supporting materials must be submitted via electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received by January 24, 2016 for the first term, and June 30, 2016 for the second term.
For further information, please contact email@example.com